FS2004 Pan Am Douglas DC-3
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.21 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Textures for the default DC3 in Pan American Airways livery circa 1942. Pan Am operated a fleet of approximately 90 DC3s. By Dale De Lucq.
Screenshot of Pan Am Douglas DC-3 on runway.
I should point out that this repaint is not totally accurate. The default DC3 does not have both right and left wing bmps nor does it have both right and left side rudder bmps therefore it is not possible to add serial numbers or airline logo on the wings or rudder. The livery is accurate in other respects. I hope you enjoy my repaint.
- Unzip DC3K4CX.ZIP to a temporary folder.
- In your 'Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft/Douglas_DC3' folder, make a copy of the folder 'texture'
- Name it 'texture.Pan Am.
- Within your download, you'll find 7 bmp textures Move them to the new folder you have just created.
- Back up your AIRCRAFT.CFG file (found in your 'Douglas_DC3' folder).
- Open AIRCRAFT.CFG with a text editor. Paste the following under your last [flightsim.xxx] entry:
[fltsim.xxx] (....change this number to the next in sequence)
title=Douglas DC-3 Pan American Airways
ui_variation="Pan American Airways"
description=Pan American operated a fleet of approximately 90 Douglas DC 3s including ex-military versions the acquired for $5000 to $8000 each. They had capacity for 21 passengers and 3 crew members. With a speed of 180 MPH and a range of 1000 miles. By 1940s, 85% of the fleets of all US domestic airlines consisted of DC-3s.
- Save the file. You're done; she will appear in your aircraft selection menu accordingly.
The archive paadc3.zip has 11 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|PAA DC3.jpg||08.30.03||23.77 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.