FS2004 Braniff Douglas DC-3 NC29362
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.25 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Textures only for the default DC3 in Braniff's circa 1940 livery. The base metal textures are by M. Beaumont, and my airline livery is based on photos of the DC-3 NC 29362 that joined Braniff Airways "Super B Liner" fleet in 1941. By Dale DeLuca.
Screenshot of Braniff Douglas DC-3 in flight.
I should point out that this repaint is not totally accurate. The default DC3 does not have both right and left wing bmps nor does it have both right and left side rudder bmps therefore it is not possible to add serial numbers or airline logo on the wings or rudder. The livery is accurate in other respects. I hope you enjoy my repaint.
- Unzip BA DC3.ZIP to a temporary folder.
- In your 'Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft/Douglas_DC3' folder, make a copy of the folder 'texture'.
- Name it 'texture.Braniff.
- Within your download, you'll find 7 bmp textures Move them to the new folder you have just created. When asked if you want to overwrite the files.....YES.
- Back up your AIRCRAFT.CFG file (found in your 'Douglas_DC3' folder).
- Open AIRCRAFT.CFG with a text editor. Paste the following under your last [flightsim.xxx] entry:
[fltsim.xxx] (....change this number to the next in sequence)
title=Douglas DC-3 Braniff Airways
description=Braniff Airways was formed on November 3, 1930, and immediately prior to World War II it was the sixth largest passenger carrier in the USA. They introduced the Douglas DC 2 in June 1937, and the DC 3 in 1939. On August 15, 1952 Mid-Continent Airlines merged with Braniff. The DC 3 that I have done the new livery for was delivered to Braniff on June 20, 1941 and joined the fleet of Super B Liners. During December 1959 it was sold to Southern Airways.
- Save the file. You're done; she will appear in your aircraft selection menu accordingly.
The archive badc3.zip has 12 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Braniff 1.jpg||09.19.03||34.95 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.