FSX Model Scanner
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 8.84 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 23 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Since true FSX models perform better in FSX and also have less/no issues with FSX SP2/DX10 this program was created to identify the types of models installed in Flight Simulator. This program will scan all your Flight Simulator models and check their version and the version of the SDK that was used in case of a 'MDL8' model. By Daniel van Os.
Use this program at your own risk. The program does not change anything to your Flight Simulator install, it only scans the Flight Simulator files.
- This program will only work if you have the .Net Framework 2.0 installed.
- Compatible with any FS version
Since true FSX models perform better in FSX and also have less/no issues with FSX SP2/DX10 I created a program to identify the types of models installed in Flight Simulator. This program will scan all your Flight Simulator models and check their version and the version of the SDK that was used in case of a 'MDL8' model. It does not require a specific Flight Simulator version as it will just scan your selected folder and look for .mdl files.
The program will identify:
- MDLX files
- MDL9 files (much like the A-Team: 'if you can find them')
- MDL8 files
MDL8 files will be investigated further and divided in:
- Compiled by FS8 SDK
- Compiled by FS9 SDK
- Compiled by FSX SDK (Like FSX's Fuel Truck)
- Extract and Double-click the DasModel.exe file.
- Click the 'Browse' button and select the folder you want to scan. All subfolders will be scanned too.
- For a quickscan of FSX select the SimObjects folder.
- For a quickscan of FS9 select the Aircraft folder.
- Click the 'Analyze' button and wait wait wait wait.
- A summary of models will be presented.
- If the logging function was enabled, look for the logfiles with the full breakdown per type that are placed in the same folder as the DasModel.exe
Noets: In FSX it's possible to store models outside the SimObjects folder by adding path's to the fsx.cfg. Look in this file for additional folders you might want to scan.
Changes: This version fixes a stupid error by me while scanning without logging. If have disabled the 'scan inside bgl' function. This took way too much time with way too little results.
The archive mdlchrk2.zip has 4 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.