FSX Republic F-105D Thunderchief
- Repaint for Payware Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.21 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 27 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is Alphasim's F-105D modified for Flight Simulator X. The F-105 evolved from a project that began in 1951 by Republic Aviation to develop a supersonic tactical fighter-bomber to replace the F-84Fs. The prototype first flew on October 22, 1955, but the first production aircraft, the F-105B, was not delivered to the USAF until 1958. The F-105D all-weather strike fighter and the two-place F-105F dual-purpose trainer-fighter also were built before the F105 production (833 aircraft) ended in 1964. Package includes effects and a updated panel. Textures and FSX updates by Mark Rooks of RSDG Aircraft.
Screenshot of Republic F-105D Thunderchief in flight.
- As always back up any original files.
- Unzip downloaded folders to your desktop or temporary directory of your choice.
- Copy the " F105D Thundercheif THUD " folder and paste it in the main aircraft folder. By default the main aircraft folder is located at:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSx\SIM Objects /Aircraft"
- Be sure to completely unzip all files the aircraft file when complete will Cotain 6 files the Following 6 files goes in the aircraft folder:
CFG, Airfile, Model, Sound, Panel, Textures.
- Effects go into the effects folder:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\SIM/ effects"
The archive f105d.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|F-105D Thunderchief.zip||02.23.14||2.16 MB|
|Read Me First.txt||02.23.14||3.66 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.