AFCAD File For KSFO
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 229.62 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 20 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
San Francisco International Airport, California (CA). By Kambiz Agazi.
KSFO_KA.bgl represents a modification to the stock FSX KSFO. Some of the changes are as follows. New or improved:
- All new ILS and RNAV(GPS) approaches with transitions and missed approach holds per the current plates shown on airnav. For RNAV(GPS) use the Y suffix plate except for Rwy 28R use Z and Rwy 10R use X. I also added the new LDA at 28R, VOR B and VOR 19L. Please see the plates over at airnav.
- Custom AI Terminal Assignments and jetways for all terminals based on the official web page. I tried my very best to keep the gate numbers and numbers of gates per terminal accurate. Some minor tweaks were necessary. Overflow parking provided due to busy nature of this airport. Parking sizes optimized for use with MTX 5.2 and WOAI schedules.
- T2 is under construction but I've included future parking for 5 airlines, which are likely to use this terminal.
- The International Terminal was a challenge. As hard as I tried, I could not include all of the necessary heavy spots at G or A. Overflow parking is provided to supplement.
- I corrected several hold short and jetway problems; I may have missed some please keep an eye out.
- Runway specifications - lighting, markings and touchdown equipment - updated per airnav.
- Custom cargo parking for the soon to be released MTX animated CRGO AI and custom GA for the Challengers.
- Corrected or added several missing parking centerline Ts.
- Added a few more fuel trucks.
- Added additional vehicle paths including one that crosses the airport - I watched as vehicles crossed the airport using taxiways so I included a path in order to keep them off of taxiways.
- Fixed one backward taxiway sign.
- Moved several hold shorts away from the runway(s) to give AI more time to stop off runway; This may help with encroachments!
- I closed 10R-28L for landing (take-off only). From above, 1L-19R is also closed for landing. I believe this will help with traffic flow during peak traffic times.
Thoughts: KSFO is a complicated and busy airport. Two sets of parallels that I crosswinded add to the complexity. I have closed 1L-19R for landing (takeoff only) based on some limited observation, but at an AI density of 75% (MTX) or more, the airport begins to reach capacity and bottle necks begin to show. I have included several diamond x-ings (technique developed by Jim Vile as can be seen at several of his airports including KMIA) to reduce traffic flow issues.
Skywest operates as DALX and UALX. KSFO should be UALX only. I have manipulated to the best of my ability to keep the UALX Skywest and the DALX Skywest separate and parking at the correct terminal; however, you may see some mixing.
- Place KSFO_KA.bgl in a scenery folder of your choice - don't forget to activate the scenery in FSX. One location could be the Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder. Start up FSX and the scenery will be active. Note, KSFO should be placed at a higher scenery priority level in FSX as compared to other scenery in the area including UTX usa. To uninstall, simply remove/delete the file.
I have tested KSFO using FSX sp2, and while I don't anticipate issues with using the earlier versions (RTM and SP1), I cannot guarantee that the visuals will look the same on every setup. While not needed for the scenery to work, I also tested to ensure that KSFO works with UTX USA, Scenery Tech North America and FS Genesis Canada Mesh;
KSFO was tested with and optimized for MyTraffic X 5.2 and WOAI. While KSFO will work with "other" AI packages, I can't guarantee that every airline will park at the correct Concourse or gate when using other AI packages.
While every attempt was made to eliminate errors, there's no such thing as "perfect" scenery. Please let me know if you come across any MAJOR errors or problems.
Special note: KSFO was created using the powerful airport design utility by Jon Masterson (ADE V1.40). Please visit here: http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk for more information. The approach transitions were created using official plates and ADE V1.40. A special thanks to Jim Vile who is a member of the ADE team and is the author of the approach code module of ADE. The approaches and transitions would not have been possible without Jim's KIAD tutorial and help.
The archive ksfo_ka.zip has 5 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.