AFCAD File For KDMA
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 159.25 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 15 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Davis-Monthan Airbase, Arizona (AZ) (default). This is part of the seventh round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. By Kyle Cormier and Alpha India Group.
View of Davis-Monthan Airbase scenery.
Davis-Monthan's primary operational mission is to train A-10 and OA-10 pilots and to provide A-10 and OA-10 close air support and forward air control to U.S. ground forces worldwide. In addition, the attached AMARG facility functions as a long term storage and reclamation facility for excess DoD, USCG, NASA and other U.S. government aircraft.
- All surface features were redone to match the real world look of the airfield.
- Default airport layout adjusted due to it not matching up with real world layout.
- Added or enhanced aprons for A-10, C-130, and other military aircraft that use or transition this airport, including covered parking for some A-10 aircraft as it is in reality.
- Changed all apron parking to match online references and coded as necessary for military and military cargo aircraft.
- Added long term storage and reclamation facilities to the north and northeast of airport with aircraft.
- Changed the Tower viewpoint above the tower roof.
- Created an extensive vehicle network to avoid delays to departing aircraft and to keep service vehicles off taxiways and increased the number of fuel trucks available.
- Added buildings, parked cars and various other elements to add realism to the airport (Acceleration may be needed to view some of these enhancements.)
- Added a heliport in its proper location.
- Added roadway system on base.
- Added missing fire stations, relocated or added buildings for military or commercial businesses.
ADE9X (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Airports and the latest version - 1.46.02 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - and includes Jim Vile's graphical approach editor. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
Thank you to all the AIG members who looked at and offered advice on how to make this airport better.
Due to the limits of FSX, when A-10 aircraft that are in covered parking push back they do not exit the covered area completely before turning, therefore a small area of the aircraft wing does go through the cover. FSX does not allow an extension to the distance a plane travels during pushback. Aircraft enter the covers correctly.
This airport works best with UTX installed but is in no way needed to make this airport work in FSX.
- Remove any existing KDMA files in your FSX/scenery addon installation if there are any.
- Place the two files AIG_KDMA_ADEX_KTC_Default.BGL and AIG_KDMA_ADEX_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX. AIG_KDMA_ADE_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL includes the landclass.
- Remove or delete the two files AIG_KDMA_ADEX_KTC_Default.BGl and AIG_KDMA_ADEX_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive aig_kdma_davis-montham_arizona_fsx_default.zip has 8 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||04.14.09||26.71 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.