AFCAD File For KGEG
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 181.11 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 3 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Spokane, Washington (WA), U.S.A. (default). This is part of the seventh round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. By Kyle Cormier and Alpha India Group.
Overview of AFCAD File For KGEG.
Spokane International Airport is the 2nd largest in Washington and covers eastern Washington state and Northern Idaho. In 2008, Spokane had over 3.4 million passangers go through its gates. Spokane is in the middle of its improvement plans which include expansion of terminal C, increasing runway 3 to 12,000 feet and adding a third runway in the future.
- All surface features were redone to match the real world look of the airfield.
- Terminal building relocated due to the default not matching up with real world layout.
- Added or enhanced aprons for GA aircraft.
- Changed all apron parking in line with online references and coded as necessary for airlines and cargo aircraft.
- Added gates that were missing and labeled all gates for correct airlines. (due to terminal layout some gates are as close to real world locations as FSX would allow.)
- Added specific parking for each cargo carrier in their appropriate location.
- Changed the Tower viewpoint above the tower roof.
- Created an extensive vehicle network to avoid delays to departing aircraft and to keep service vehicles off taxiways and increased the number of fuel trucks available.
- Added signage for runway distance markers, cargo ramp, ILS hold short and others where appropriate.
- Added buildings, parked cars and various other elements to add realism to the airport (FSX acceleration needed to see parked cars.)
- Added exclusions for areas that interfered with airport boundaries to give airport a more lifelike look.
- Added overflow parking for airliners.
- Relocated most taxiways and improved taxiway signage.
- Added missing fire stations, relocated or added buildings for airport or commercial businesses.
- Created two seperate versions of this airport, one with and one without crosswind runways activated.
ADE9X (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson is an invaluable freeware utility for developing Airports and the latest version - 1.46.02 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - and includes Jim Vile's graphical approach editor. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
Thank you to all the AIG members who looked at and offered advice on how to make this airport better.
there are two versions of this airport, one where the crosswind runways are in use and one where they are not activated. The file containing the crosswind runways is labeled AIG_KGEG_CW_ADEX_KTC_DEFAULT, the non activated crosswind runawys are in AIG_KGEG_ADEX_KTC_DEFAULT.
- Remove any existing KGEG file in your FSX/scenery addon installation.
- Place the two files AIG_KGEG_ADEX_KTC_Default.BGL and AIG_KGEG_ADEX_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL (or x-wind version)in your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX. AIG_KGEG_ADEX_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL includes the landclass.
- Remove or delete the two files AIG_KGEG_ADEX_KTC_Default.BGl and AIG_KGEG_ADEX_KTC_Default_CVX.BGL (or x-wind version) from your Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive aig_kgeg_spokane_washington_fsx_default.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||04.14.09||26.71 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.