FS2004 United Airlines Douglas DC-4
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 950.21 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 20 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
United Airlines Douglas DC-4 registration NC37534; textures only. From 1946 to 1961 United Airlines had 40 DC-4's in use. United used the DC4 on its trans continental route and was the last major US airline to have them in service. This is a repaint of Arik Hohmeyer's and Chris Grabow's FS2004 DC-4/C-54 (FS-Design Berlin) by Dale DeLuca. Requires DC44PAA.ZIP or another base DC-4 of FS-Design Berlin.
Installation in FS2004:
- Unpack/extract the file into a temporary folder.
- Copy the texture.2un5 folder into the main folder of your Base DC-4 (PanAm) folder (or another base DC-4 of FS-Design Berlin).
- Open the aircraft.cfg file of your Base DC-4 and add the following text:
title=Douglas DC-4 United Airlines
ui_variation=United Airlines (50s livery)
description=Douglas DC-4, United Airlines registration NC37534.\nThe DC-4 was first designed and placed\ninto service during World War II. \nUnited Airlines used 40 DC-4 from 1946 to 1961.\nRepainted by Dale DeLuca\nDate: October 2003 \nModel Version AP 6.6c
Please make sure: if you have already installed other texture versions of the DC-4, the numbering of [fltsim.1] must be adapted. For example: [fltsim.2], [fltsim.3] ...
Base Design: Arik Hohmeyer (with FS Design Studio 1.6)
FSDS2 Rework (with FSDS2 2.20 and Aircraft Container Manager): Chris Grabow.
Textures: Arik Hohmeyer.
Airfile (flight dynamic): Based on Brian Horsey, modified by Wolfram Beckert, reworked for FS2004 by Guenter Kirschstein.
Technical support & data search: Chris Grabow, Dieter Ramthun.
Special thanks to:
- Brian Horsey whose flightdynamic was a fantastic base for our flightmodel.,
- Wolfram Beckert who testet and fundamentally improved the flightdynamic.,
- Guenter Kirschstein who revised the FDE for FS2004.,
- Michael Vader, James Underwood and Dave Haskell for their excellent DC-4 panels.
- Dale DeLuca, who made a lot of very nice repaints of classic liveries for our C-54/DC-4 and who beta-tested this FSDS2 version.
- Ulf Nordin from FS Lulea-Kallax who provided us with a lot of webspace and who beta-tested this FSDS2 version.
- Dieter Ramthun (of the Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation), who helped us to answer some questions on technical details of the C-54.
The archive dc44un5.zip has 40 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.