FS2004 Gulf Air Airbus A340-312
The Project Open Sky Airbus A340-312 in Gulf Air's 50th Anniversary colors (registration A4O-LD). This aircraft contains several features, such as full animated control surfaces, independent suspension, thrust reversers, drooping ailerons and elevators when the engine is shut off, an FDE teste...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 8.38 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
The Project Open Sky Airbus A340-312 in Gulf Air's 50th Anniversary colors (registration A4O-LD). This aircraft contains several features, such as full animated control surfaces, independent suspension, thrust reversers, drooping ailerons and elevators when the engine is shut off, an FDE tested by real A340 pilots and a lot of .xml eye candy. This file contains textures only, requires any POSKY A340-300 model. See readme.txt for further information and installation instructions. Repaint by Nicholas Wilkinson.
The Airbus A340 is considered a long-range wide-body commercial passenger airliner. This aircraft features four high-bypass turbofan jet engines. Seating up to 375 passengers, the model has a range of 6,700 to 9,000 nautical miles. Overall height measurements range from 16.7 meters to 17.3 meters. Wingspans range from 60.3 meters to 63.45 meters. There are four main fuselage lengths and variants of the A340, with the first being introduced in 1987. All four variants are available with a corporate or "Executive" package. This aircraft has never been part of a fatal incident. Similar designs include the A330. The aircraft is designed and manufactured by the Airbus company, which is fully owned by EADS.
Screenshot of Gulf Air Airbus A340-312 in flight.
Model Designer : Shervin Ahooraei
Flight Dynamics Designer : Warren C.Daniel
Master textures : Ben Hewitt, C. Vincent Cho
Virtual Cockpit textures : Gary Hayes
FDE Advisors : Nick Peterson, Simon Ng Hin Tat
Virtual Cockpit Gauges : Special thanks to Pasquale Rinaldi
Panel : Pasquale Rinaldi
XML programming : Special thanks to Fraser Turner and Bill Leaming
Original Textures : Dickson Chan 32bit textures
Gulf Air Textures : Nicholas Wilkinson
Features ( in depth ):
- Fully animated control surfaces.
- Fully independent suspension.
- Dynamic flexing wings that respond to turbulence. ( Thanks to Fraser Turner )
- Thrust reversers that open fully on idle reverser thrust. ( Thanks to Fraser Turner )
- Drooping ailerons on elevators when engines are shut off. ( Thanks to Bill Leaming )
- Fully reflective textures (each part has different degree of reflection based on material.) Accurate flight dynamics (accurate FDE with full profiles for wheels, tires, struts, leading/trialing struts, engine types ... Tested by real pilots.)
- Detailed textures.
- Interchanging 2D and 3D engine fans.
- Full night lighting.
- Visible landing lights from the cockpit.
- Reflective cockpit windows.
- Crash affects.
- Transparent Nav light lenses.
- Virtual Cockpit with clickable buttons. Optimized for FS2004. ( VC version only )
- Rain affects on windshield. ( VC mode )
- Wingview. ( Wingview version only )
- Dynamic Shine.
- Opening Passenger and Cargo Doors. ( fully independent )
- Shift+E = left door Shift+T = right door, Shift+E+2 = Cargo doors.
- More detail to landing gear and flaps.
- More textures to add realism. ( Landing gear, leading edge flaps , fan blades )
- Animated vent scoops under belly. ( Shift+W)
- New lighting and condensation effects.
- Even more 3D parts added to this A340 over the A330.
- All FDE data from actual Airbus documentation.
- Accurate dimension of travel for all control surfaces.
- Accurate scrape contact points and physical.
- Use of FS2004 payload and weight stations.
- Basic and High Gross models.
- Included A340-200 and -300 -5C2, -5C3 and -5C4 engine models.
- Included A340-313E model with -5C4/P engines and increased MTOW.
- New inspection light effects.
- Default gear points (nose, left main, right main) and alternate gear points. (w/12 wheels, 4 struts)
- A340 Flight Operations Manual.
- Tested by an actual A340 pilot.
- Just unzip the file and send the Aircrafts folder to the FS2004 AIRCRAFT FOLDER.
The archive osga343a.zip has 46 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.