FS2004 FAA Douglas DC-3/C-47
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 617.09 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Registration N74 was used to Berlin-Tempelhof from 1963. Textures only for the default DC3. By Dale Deluca.
Screenshot of FAA Douglas DC-3/C-47 on the ground.
I should point out that this repaint is not totally accurate. The default DC3 does not have both right and left wing bmps nor does it have both right and left side rudder bmps therefore it is not possible to add serial numbers or airline logo on the wings and the airline logo on the rudder must be in reverse on one side....sorry about that. The livery is accurate in other respects. I hope you enjoy my repaint.
- Unzip dc3faa.zip to a temporary folder.
- In your 'Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft/Douglas_DC3' folder, make a copy of the folder 'texture'.
- Name it 'texture.faa.
- Within your download, you'll find 1 bmp texture named "Douglas_DC3_1_T.bmp". Move it to the new folder you have just created (overwrite existing bmp-file "Douglas_DC3_1_T.bmp").
- Back up your AIRCRAFT.CFG file (found in your 'Douglas_DC3' folder).
- Open AIRCRAFT.CFG with a text editor. Paste the following under your last [flightsim.xxx] entry:
title=Douglas DC-3 FAA
ui_variation=Federal Administration Aviation (FAA)
description=="The Douglas DC-3 revolutionized air transportation and airline service during the 1930s and 1940s. It was a luxury airliner that boasted cabin heat and running water in its on-board lavatory. With the right balance of efficiency, range, speed, and payload, the DC-3 was the first aircraft to earn a profit for its owners just by carrying passengers. The hero of early airlines, a handful of DC-3s are still at work today."
- Save the file. You're done; she will appear in your aircraft selection menu accordingly.
The archive dc3faa.zip has 7 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.