FS2004 Aviameer Vickers Viking
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 2.54 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 17 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This repaint shows a Vickers Viking in the livery of Belgian operator Aviameer. It was the sole airplane of that company. They were founded in October 1957 but had to cease operations already in the summer of 1960. Aviameer flew general charter flights and inclusive tours within Europe and the Middle East and had its home base at the airport of Antwerp, Deurne. By Jaap de Baare.
- First make a copy of one of the existing texture folders in your Vickers Viking directory and rename it: texture.aviameer.
- Now unzip AVIAMEER_Viking.zip to a temporary folder.
- Here you will see 2 texture folders that give you a choice to use either 32 bit texture files or 16 bit DXT3 texture files.
- Pick the "fuse.bmp" and the "wing.bmp" files you want to use and move them to the texture.aviameer folder you just made.
- Overwrite the two files of the same name in there.
- Back up the corresponding 'AIRCRAFT.CFG' file (should you wish) and open the original with a text editor.
- Add the following to your 'AIRCRAFT.CFG' file and change the XX [fltsim.xx] to the next number in sequence.
title=Vickers Viking Aviameer
sim=FSDS2 Vickers Viking
description= AVIAMEER Airlines Ltd. a Belgian operator, was founded in Oktober 1957. It flew general charter flights and inclusive tours within Europe and the Middle East and had it's home base at the airport of Antwerp, Deurne. The fleet consisted of this sole Vickers Viking that was baptised "Sinjoor". Operations came to an end in the summer of 1960 and the airframe was scrapped 2 years later at Southend airport. \nModel and paint kit by Rick Piper.\nRepaint by Jaap de Baare (aka Spraycan)
- Save the file and you are done.
The archive vickers_viking_aviameer.zip has 4 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.