FSX Province Of Quebec Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 21.61 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Province Of Quebec, Canada, 38m (LOD10) terrain mesh between N56-N57 and W66-W77 degrees. By Gilles Gauthier.
Other Quebec (38m) mesh files : Qc38mBJ_FSX_1de2.zip and Qc38mBJ_FSX_2de2.zip.
1) Extract the zipped file to a temporary directory, making sure that the "use folder names" option is enabled.
2) When the file is unzipped, you should see a folder, called "Qc38mBJ1_FSX", with the standard "scenery" subfolder.
3) The "Qc38mBJ1_FSX" folder contains this readme file and a localisation map.
4) The terrain mesh BGL files are in the "scenery" subfolder, and labeled by latitude(1°)-longitude(2°) name (NW corner).
5) Move the "Qc38mBJ1_FSX" folder wherever you keep your add-on sceneries. You can also put these BGL files in your existing «Qc38m_FSX\Scenery».
6) Activate the scenery in Flight Simulator X Scenery Library (if necessary). Display Setting - Mesh resolution = 38m
The 23m Canadian Digital Elevation Data for Quebec. GeoBase.
Software Used and General Procedures:
1) Import source data into MicroDEM/TerraBaseII (version 8), assemble files and convert to .bsq flat binary format. Microdem is freeware, by Professor Peter Guth of the Oceanography Department, U.S. Naval Academy.
2) Use RESAMPLE (LOD=10 - 38m) from FSX Terrain Software Developer's Kit (SDK) to create BGL files.
3) Use TMFViewer (from FSX Terrain Software Developer's Kit (SDK) to check the files.
4) JabScreen (Jacky Brouse) - for in-flight screenshots.
These files are supplied AS-IS. No warranties or guarantees are implied or supplied. I will not supply additional explanations regarding the installation, the use of Flight Simulator or the softwares used with this scenery.
The archive qc38mbj1.zip has 13 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.