FSX Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport Scenery
Scenery Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport (TKPK), Saint Kitts and Nevis, represents an update to the stock FSX scenery. Some of the major changes include updated NDB approach to 07 to include the SKB transition; fixed the SKB transition for the NDBDME approach to 07; new taxiway A; updated...
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 1.94 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Scenery Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport (TKPK), Saint Kitts and Nevis, represents an update to the stock FSX scenery. Some of the major changes include updated NDB approach to 07 to include the SKB transition; fixed the SKB transition for the NDBDME approach to 07; new taxiway A; updated airline parking per specifications; and reworked scenery objects and landclass in and around the airport including the port area and the Marriott Resort at Frigate Bay. By Kambiz Agazi.
Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport Scenery.
TKPK is an international airport located just northeast of Basseterre, on the island of Saint Kitts, serving the nation of Saint Kitts and Nevis.
TKPK represents a modification to the stock FSX TKPK. Some of the highlights include:
1. New Taxiways, windsock, NDBDME Tower, aprons and paths with new taxiway signs per the most current airport diagram and personal pictures;
2. Updated approaches per the most current approach plates to include SKB transition for the NDB and revised/fixed SKB transition for the NDBDME TO 07;
3. Revised runway markings, lights and approach lighting per aerodata and personal observations;
4. Revised Control Tower cluster to include beacon, facilities and a fire station;
5. Surrounding landclass reworked per satellite images and personal photographs;
6. Added a cruise ship and landclass by the dock/port area south of Basseterre as well as the Marriott Resort and Golf Club at North Frigate Bay;
7. Airport buildings and facilities reworked per the airport diagram;
8. Airline gate numbers, locations and assignments per aerodrome and personal observations;
9. Additional off-airport scenery (buildings and towers) added per satellite images; and
10. AI parking sizes optimized per real world schedules;
All airport buildings and objects can now be seen at normal scenery level.
IMPORTANT: In order to see the apron spot lighting you'll need to install the wonderful lights from Jim Dhaenens.
To install Jim's lights, place the lightobj.bgl file in your
...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\scenery folder
and almwht.dds and lights1.dds files in
...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture folder
TKPK Installation: Place all bgl files in a scenery folder of your choice - don't forget to activate the scenery in FSX.
TKPK scenery should be at a higher scenery priority from that of "other" area scenery including any local or third-party landclass scenery. Disable or remove other TKPK airport scenery files including BR2_TKPK.BGL located in the MyTraffic Scenery folder.
I have tested TKPK using FSX sp2, and while I don't anticipate issues with using the earlier versions (RTM and SP1), I cannot guarantee that the visuals will look the same on every setup. While not needed for the scenery to work, I also tested to ensure that TKPK works with Scenery Tech and FS Genesis Mesh.
TKPK was tested with and optimized for MyTraffic X 5.3, UT2 sp1 and WOAI.
There are no assigned Airline parking spots at the Terminals per specifications. While TKPK will work with "other" AI packages, I can't guarantee that every airline will park at the correct Terminal when using other AI packages.
While every attempt was made to eliminate errors, there's no such thing as "perfect" scenery. Please let me know if you come across any MAJOR errors or problems.
TKPK was modified using the powerful airport design utility by Jon Masterson (ADE9X V1.47.7). The approach code was modified using official approach plates and ADE9x V1.47.7. A special thanks to Jim Vile who is a member of the ADE team and is the author of the approach code module of ADE. The approach code updates would not have been possible without Jim's KIAD approach tutorial and help.
Lights by Jim Dhaenens provide an excellent set of apron lights. Special thanks to Jim for allowing the use of his lights in freeware packages.
Robert L. Bradshaw International Airport Scenery.
The archive tkpk2010_ka.zip has 14 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|TKPK TOWER BEACON.BGL||04.04.10||228 B|
|TKPK Installation.txt||04.05.10||3.58 kB|
|TKPK TOP.gif||04.05.10||401.54 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.