FSX RAS2008 Mk IX HAF BF273
- Repaint for Payware Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.29 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 25 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
RAS2008 Mk IX HAF BF273. Alternative, light grey-blue textures for the RealAir Spitfire 2008 Mark IX High Altitude Flight's BF273 aircraft. Some sources describe this livery for BF273 (rather than the default's dark blue) but whichever, they both show off the beautiful lines of RealAir's model. On 12 September 1942 this aircraft, flown by Flying Officer Emanuel Galitzine, a Russian prince, fought the highest air battle of WW2. Flying BF273 he intercepted a Junkers JU86R above Southampton at 41,000 feet. The battle continuing up to 43,000 feet. Although Galitzine's cannon jammed and the Junkers escaped with just one hit, it was enough for the Luftwaffe to cease high altitude attacks against England. DXT5 textures by Grant MacLean.
*** NOTE: DXT5 TEXTURES ONLY -- NEED TO SELECT DXT5 IN THE SPITFIRE CONFIG MENU (IF 32-BIT IS SELECTED, THESE TEXTURES MAY CRASH FSX) ***
1. Extract/unzip the SPITHAF.ZIP file into a temporary folder.
2. Move the folder TEXTURE.HAF to the RealAir Spitfire IX 2007 folder to wherever you have your default DeHavilland Beaver DHC-2 files (usually: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\RealAir Spitfire IX 2007.
3. Copy the text between the asterisks below into the AIRCRAFT.CFG file in your RealAir Spitfire IX 2007 folder, at the end of the previous [fltsim.X] entries, replacing the 'X' in [fltsim.X] with the next sequential number.
title=Supermarine Spitfire HAF GS
ui_type=Spitfire Mk IX
description=Alternative, light grey-blue textures for the RealAir Spitfire 2008 Mark IX High Altitude Flight's BF273 aircraft. Some sources describe this livery for BF273 (rather than the default's dark blue) -- but whichever, they both show off the beautiful lines of RealAir's wonderful model. On 12 September 1942 this aircraft, flown by Flying Officer Emanuel Galitzine -- a Russian prince -- fought the highest air battle of WW2. Flying BF273 he intercepted a Junkers JU86R above Southampton at 41,000ft the battle continuing up to 43,000ft. Although Galitzine's cannon jammed and the Junkers escaped with just one hit, it was enough for the Luftwaffe to cease high altitude attacks against England.
Repaint by Grant MacLean
The archive spithaf.zip has 18 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|HAF 1.jpg||04.06.08||49.89 kB|
|HAF 2.jpg||04.06.08||35.96 kB|
|HAF 3.jpg||04.06.08||33.70 kB|
|HAF 4.jpg||04.06.08||46.20 kB|
|HAF 5.jpg||04.06.08||35.68 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.