FSX Ira Kepford's VF-17 Corsair
This is a Repaint of the Guy Hulin Corsair model updated for Flight Simulator X. This aircraft is the Corsair flown by ace Ira Cassius Kepford. November 1942. He was assigned to VF-17, the famous "Jolly Rogers". Alone with his aircraft bearing #29 Top Navy Corsair Ace Ira Kepford had 16 confirmed...
- Complete with Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 20.77 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 28 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is a Repaint of the Guy Hulin Corsair model updated for Flight Simulator X. This aircraft is the Corsair flown by ace Ira Cassius Kepford. November 1942. He was assigned to VF-17, the famous "Jolly Rogers". Alone with his aircraft bearing #29 Top Navy Corsair Ace Ira Kepford had 16 confirmed victories with the VF-17 Jolly Rogers. Ira Kepford earned two Navy Crosses, the Gold Star, the Silver Star, three Distinguished Flying Crosses, the Air Medal, Unit Commendation to VF-17, and the American Defense Service Medal. Kepford died on 1/19/1987. This aircraft has a 2D and 3D cockpit, new textures and FSX updates by Mark Rooks of RDG. Aircraft history and pictures included in this package.
Screenshot of Ira Kepford's VF-17 Corsair in flight.
To install this aircraft:
As always back up any original files.
1. Unzip downloaded folders to your desktop or temporary directory of your choice.
2. Copy the " VF-17 #29 Corsair Ace Ira Kepford " and paste it in the main aircraft folder. By default the main aircraft folder is located at: "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFSXSIM Objects /Aircraft".
3. Be sure to completely unzip all files the aircraft file when complete will Cotain 6 files the Following 6 files goes in the aircraft folder CFG Airfile Model Sound Panel Textures.
4. Unzip the gauges folder and put the gauges in the FSX gauges folder located at "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFSXGauges".
Make sure all files are unzipped the New Plane folder should contain 6 files unzipped they are CFG Airfile Sound Model Texture Panel the New Plane folder with the 6 files goes in the game aircraft folder found at C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjectsAirplanes follow the path ie open the c drive then open program files then open Microsoft Games then open Microsoft Flight Simulator X then open SimObjects then open Airplanes folder the New Plane goes in that folder.
Textures and FSX updates created by Mark "Fire Ball" Rooks.
Enjoy your new repaint.
Thanks for downloading.
The archive vf-17_jolly_rogers_corsair.zip has 8 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Pictures and History.zip||12.24.11||8.21 MB|
|Read Me First.txt||12.24.11||3.09 kB|
|Screen VF-17.jpg||12.24.11||41.65 kB|
|VF-17 #29 Corsair Ace Ira Kepford.zip||12.24.11||11.25 MB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Flight School for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.