McCarran Int'l Airport Default Scenery Update
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 54.31 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 28 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
McCarran Int'l Airport (KLAS), Nevada (NV) update for the default scenery. Includes versions with and without operating crosswind runways. By Ray Smith.
Updated files, one for the many requests for the Xwind rwy's to be operating, These 2 BGL files are only for the FSX default airport: one with the Xwind rwy's operating and one without: the vehicle road is now extended around to the GA aprons, extra parking for SWA and several other minor improvements, i have included my previous version which includes the updates but without the Xwind rwy's activated, airport views are from inside the control tower (when in tower view) please view the readme before installation, fully tested with Ultimate Traffic but not required.
There are 2 BGL files: FSX_klas.BGL and FSX_klas_cw.BGL. The 'FSX_klas_cw.BGL' version is with the Xwind rwy's activated, the other version FSX_klas.BGLis without parking is the same in both. If you have my previous version of FSX_klas.BGL, overwrite when asked.
- NOTE: PLEASE ONLY USE ONE BGL FILE AT A TIME. I.E. Make sure there is only ONE 'klas.BGL' FILE in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder at any time, remove/delete any other klas.bgl.
- NOTE: When using ATIS with the FSX_klas_cw.BGL file you will hear the fake rwy's, this is the method used in activating Xwind rwy's and should be ignored or if prefered use the version FSX_klas.BGL.
- Simply take the BGL file of your choice and place it into: Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder.
- Start up the Flight sim and the changes will be present.
- Delete the BGL file and the default will then be active.
I hope you like the improvements, this is only a basic gate change with a few more changes and a general tidy up. If any MS errors are here they will still remain until an AFCAD style program is available.
Lee Swordy is surely missed but not forgotten.
TIP: When at KLAS in tower view: go to your control settings and look for the "View track/pan Toggle". Allocate a keyboard key stroke to it (i allocated a button on my X52 controller) this will unlock the user aircraft, then you can use the hat switch to pan 360 degrees around the airport, hitting the key stroke again (in my case a button) will return you to the user aircraft position.
Enjoy and happy flying.
The archive fklascwr.zip has 6 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.