- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 311.09 kB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 21 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Schiphol Airport (EHAM), Amsterdam, The Netherlands. These bgl-files adjusts the taxiways and parking of Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, The Netherlands (EHAM) as close to reality as possible within FSX and the current software. Added parking, parking codes, fuel trucks and adjusted the taxiways for vehicles. By Fred Sonders.
Unfortunately it's not possible to make one file in which the runway use can be simulated as in real life. Opening one end of a runway automatically opens the other end of the runway as well. This can cause situations that are not as close to real as possible (which is my goal).
Therefore there are four different bgl's to choose from:
- FSX_EHAM_FS.bgl has just one runway open so no 'star'-technique. Because there is only one runway in use there will be long lines of aircraft waiting to depart and a lot of go-arounds of the arriving aircraft. Because of the delays this is not my favorite bgl-file.
- FSX_EHAM_FS_star.bgl has all runways open for landing and take-offs with use of the 'star'-technique. Opening all the runways makes traffic run smoothly at this busy airport but causes runway use that is not as close to real life as possible. If you don't mind that you AI aircraft doesn't use the runways as in real life this is the file to use.
- FSX_EHAM_FS_star_north.bgl has the 'star'-technique so all runways are in use and they are used as close to real life as possible for winds from the north so landing on the 36 side of the runway (and sometimes 06), landings on 04, take-off from 09, 36C etc.
- FSX_EHAM_FS_star_south.bgl has the 'star'-technique so all runways are in use and they are used as close to real life as possible for winds from the south so landing on the 18 side of the runway, landings on 22 and 27, take-off from 27, 24, 18L etc.
The 'north' and 'south' files are not perfect but I think the results are pretty good.
Except for the runways all the files are the same.
Made with FsXPlanner which can be found here. Software is still in beta but works quite well.
Installation of these files is easy. Just put the bgl file of your choice in Addon Scenery/scenery folder of FSX. Uninstalling can be done by removing the file from this directory.
This file is tested and should not harm your computer but use this file at your own risk.
The archive fsxehamf.zip has 9 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|read me.txt||10.10.07||2.52 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.