MWCR Owen Roberts International Airport
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 332.48 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is part of the tenth round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. AIG Ground creates high quality Afcads for both FS2004 and for FSX default and add on scenery airports. Airports are created drawing on the best available resources and aim to simulate the real world airport as closely as possible but also to ensure good levels of traffic with realistic parking and good flow of traffic around the airport. By Matthew Brooks and Alpha India Group.
Located one mile outside George Town, Owen Roberts International is the largest airport in the Cayman Islands, the principal international airport and home to Cayman Airways. It welcomes international airlines principally, but not exclusively from the U.S., Canada and from the U.K. (British Airways). The Cayman Islands are a British Overseas Territory.
There is also a small cargo operation provided by Cayman Airways and by IBC Airways between this airport and Miami.
This file reorganizes the operation of the LatinVFR scenery for this airport.
- Removed all aprons, taxiways textures and airport buildings present in the file but not in use in the scenery.
- Aligned all main apron parking spots to the parking center line and adjusted parking radius to smooth operation of AI at the airport.
- Added a large number of GA parking spots as well as cargo parking for IBC Airways on the GA apron and maintenance hangar parking for Cayman Airways and for executive jets.
- Aligned all taxiways, turning circles etc. to the lines drawn in the scenery.
- Arranged the service vehicle network to keep service vehicles out of the path of taxiing aircraft, reducing delays.
Owen Roberts International will never win a "tidiest small airport of the year" competition - at least in so far as the GA apron parking arrangements are concerned and this is clearly visible in Google Earth. Both to provide adequate GA parking and to reflect the real world situation, you will find that GA parking does not line up exactly with the short parking lines drawn in the ground textures. This is deliberate.
Jon Masterson and the ADE (Airport Design Editor) development team for this by invaluable freeware utility for developing Airports. The latest version - 1.47.07 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - using Jim Vile's graphic approach editor to FS9 use as well. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
Latin VFR for their kind permission to develop the AFD file issued with the scenery.
- Remove the file MWCR_AF1 from your Latin VFR Cayman islands/Scenery folder to a suitable location outside your FSX.
- Place the file AIG_MWCR_ADEX_MB_LatinVFR.bgl in your Latin VFR Cayman islands/Scenery folder and re-start FSX.
- Remove or delete the file AIG_MWCR_ADEX_MB_LatinVFR.bgl from your Latin VFR Cayman islands/Scenery folder.
- Restore the file MWCR_AF1 to your Latin VFR Cayman islands/Scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive aig_owen_roberts_cayman_islands_fsx_latinvfr.zip has 6 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||12.11.09||15.68 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.