MWCB Gerrard Smith International Airport
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 208.36 KB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 18 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
This is part of the tenth round of airports issued by Alpha India Group. AIG Ground creates high quality Afcads for both FS2004 and for FSX default and add on scenery airports. Airports are created drawing on the best available resources and aim to simulate the real world airport as closely as possible but also to ensure good levels of traffic with realistic parking and good flow of traffic around the airport. By Matthew Brooks and Alpha India Group.
The second of two'International' airports in the Cayman Islands, Gerrard Smith International currently primarily sees flights from Cayman Airways between Owen Roberts International (the main hub) and Little Cayman Airport. Reportedly there are also some feeder flights by smaller airlines but I have not been able to find any detail on these.
This aside, the airport has no cargo operation but sees a good amount of single prop and executive GA.
- Removed all aprons and taxiways textures present in the file but not in use in the scenery.
- Aligned all parking spots to the parking center line and adjusted parking radius for smooth operation of AI at the airport.
- Set half of the parking well back from the others to avoid collisions at busy times.
- Added three further GA parking spots and ensured a good level of coverage for the different GA types.
- Aligned all taxing to the lines drawn in the scenery.
The original file from LatinVFR did not include provision for any vehicle network and there is only a static fuel truck present. In view of the close proximity of parking spots for busy times, I decided to stick with this approach and have not included a vehicle network nor any fuel trucks.
Jeppesen charts show only 2 parking spaces. With the HT Cessna package and default GA adapted by Reggie Fields I found that I could have 8 aircraft there at a peak time. The additional spots included to cover this are loosely based on what I see in Google Earth and what seems likely at the real world airport.
Jon Masterson and the ADE (Airport Design Editor) development team for this by invaluable freeware utility for developing Airports. The latest version - 1.47.07 - is designed for both FSX and FS9 use - using Jim Vile's graphical approach editor to FS9 use as well. My thanks to both Jim and Jon for all their help and support on this and all AIG projects.
Latin VFR for their kind permission to develop the AFD file issued with the scenery.
- Remove the file MWCB_AF1 from your Latin VFR Cayman islands/Scenery folder to a suitable location outside your FSX.
- Place the file AIG_MWCB_ADEX_MB_LatinVFR.bgl in your Latin VFR Cayman islands/Scenery folder and re-start FSX.
- Remove or delete the file AIG_MWCB_ADEX_MB_LatinVFR.bgl from your Latin VFR Cayman islands/Scenery folder.
- Restore the file MWCB_AF1 to your Latin VFR Cayman islands/Scenery folder and re-start FSX.
The archive mwcb_gerrard_smith_international_cayman_islands_latinvfr.zip has 6 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|AIG Ground FSX.png||12.11.09||15.68 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.