FS2004 Trek Airways Lockheed L-749
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
- File size
- 3.87 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 13 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Lockheed L-749, C/n 2632, initially delivered to South African Airways on July 31, 1950 named "Durban" with registration ZS-DBU. From December 1, 1961 leased to Trek Airways and named "Andries Pretorius". In November 1963 returned to South African Airways and stored at Jan Smuts Airport, Johannesburg. Bought by ACE Freighters in November 1964 and registered G-ASYU. In December 1964 withdrawn from use and stored at Woensdrecht, where finally broken up in July 1967. Original by Manfred Jahn & Co (Team 749). Repainted by Hans Hermann, Virtual Birds Factory.
This repaint is designed for use with the upgraded short nose Connie model with jetstack exhausts (model=AFR_A in the 'Lockheed_L749_1' folder).
- Please make sure you have a working installation of Manfred Jahn's (Team 749) Lockheed L-749 base pack (folders "Lockheed_L749_0" and "Lockheed_L749_1" in your FS9 aircraft directory). If not present, download and install the base pack first. The upgraded model files (749_models_update.zip) published by Manfred Jahn on January 2, 2010 also should be installed
- Unzip the zip-file included in this package to a temporary folder or open it in Windows Explorer.
- Find the 'Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Lockheed_L749_1' folder on your system. Copy the extracted texture folder from step 2 into the "Lockheed_L749_1" folder.
- Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the aircraft.cfg contained in 'Lockheed_L749_1' folder and paste the [fltsim] section appended below under the last [fltsim] entry. Make sure the new [fltsim] entry is in proper numerical order by replacing the 'xx' by the next number in sequence.
ui_variation=Trek Airways ZS-DBU (1963)
description=C/n 2632 initially delivered to South African Airways on July 31, 1950 named 'Durban' with registration ZS-DBU. From December 1, 1961 leased to Trek Airways and named 'Andries Pretorius'. In November 1963 returned to South African Airways and stored at Jan Smuts Airport, Johannesburg (South Africa). Bought by ACE Freighters in November 1964 and registered G-ASYU. In December 1964 withdrawn from use and stored at Woensdrecht (Netherlands), where she finally was broken up in July 1967.\n\nOriginal by Manfred Jahn & Co (Team 749). Repainted by Hans Hermann, Virtual Birds Factory
- Save and close the aircraft.cfg file. Start your FS2004 and enjoy the flight. In the aircraft selection menu, the new Constellation will show up under Lockheed > L-749 Constellation.
The archive tke_zs-dbu_01.zip has 32 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.