FSX Charlottetown Airport Scenery
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 2.81 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 25 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
Charlottetown Airport, PEI, Canada. Charlottetown Airport, (IATA: YYG, ICAO: CYYG), is located 3 nm (5.6 km; 3.5 miles) north of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada. The airport is currently run by the Charlottetown Airport Authority, is owned by Transport Canada and forms part of the National Airports System. The airport is classified as an airport of entry by NAV CANADA and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency. CBSA officers at this airport currently can handle aircraft with no more than 60 passengers. By Robert Catherall.
This is a remake of the default FSX airport using ADEX 1.45.06
1. Slight adjustment to runway orintation.
2. Terminal rebuilt using FSX Scenery Objects.
3. Control Tower moved to correct geographic position and rebuild,
4. Airport roads and vehicle parking areas added.
5. Airport lighting added.
6. Other improvement include static objects, vehicles and vegetation.
7. Airport approach plates and diagrams included along with airport views.
There are 7 BGL files, 1 DDS and 4 BMP files as follows:
Addon Scenery Files -------> CYYG_ADEX_RWC.BGL
Global Scenery Files ------> default_terminals_ss.bgl
Global Texture Files ------> lights1.dds
1. Copy and place CYYG_ADEX_RWC.BGL and CYYG_ADEX_cvx.BGL files into FSX->Addon Scenery->Scenery Folder.
2. Copy and place the remaining 5 BGL files into FSX->Scenery->Global->Scenery Folder.
3. Copy and Place the DDS and 4 BMP files into the FSX->Scenery->Global->Texture Folder.
1. Delete CYYG_ADEX_RWC.BGL and CYHZ_ADEX_CVX.BGL and the default airport will be active.
2. Note: The files placed in the Global->Scenery->Texture folders need not be deleted. These objects may be used in other sceneries.
ADEX (freeware) Utility - Jon Masterson.
This also has a download center for many other ADE files.
Jim Dhaenens for providing the library of objects contained in lightobj. These are by Jim Dhaenens and you may use them without further permission as long as you ensure proper credit is given. No commercial use is authorized without specific permission.
TIP: when at CYYG in tower view: go to your control settings and look for the "View track/pan Toggle" allocate a keyboard key stroke to it (I allocated a button on my controller) this will unlock the user aircraft, then you can use the hat switch to pan 360 degrees around the airport, hitting the key stroke again (in my case a button) will return you to the user aircraft position.
The archive cyyg_charlottetown.zip has 23 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|CYYG Aerodrome Chart.JPG||11.12.09||81.03 kB|
|CYYG Approach Charts.pdf||10.26.09||1.45 MB|
|Air Alliance YYG.JPG||11.10.09||78.69 kB|
|CYYG GA.JPG||11.10.09||134.30 kB|
|CYYG Terminal & GA Background.JPG||11.11.09||146.93 kB|
|CYYG Tower.JPG||11.11.09||106.18 kB|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.