FSX Piasecki H-21C - May 2012 Upgrade
For use with PIASH21C.ZIP. May 2012 upgrade package for the FSX Piasecki H21C Flying Banana. Requires the original release. Features include: better initial external camera view (helicopter no longer appears too small when starting a flight), improved flight dynamics, improved lift at high altitu...
- Repaint⇲ Download Base Model
- Download hits
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) including Steam Edition & Prepar3D (P3D)
- File size
- 10.68 MB
- Virus Scan
- Scanned 16 days ago (clean)
- Access to file
- Free (Freeware)
- Content Rating
For use with PIASH21C.ZIP. May 2012 upgrade package for the FSX Piasecki H21C Flying Banana. Requires the original release. Features include: better initial external camera view (helicopter no longer appears too small when starting a flight), improved flight dynamics, improved lift at high altitude, realistic fuel consumption, and a few minor tweaks. By Mick Posch.
Screenshot of Piasecki H-21C in flight.
- Better initial camera: The external initial camera view, which was originally too far away from the helicopter, has been moved to a better location.
- Improved flight dynamics: The heli is now slightly more responsive and realistic, and is better behaved during extreme pedal inputs. The changes are subtle; much of the original feel has been left intact. As a side note, all testing was done with controller devices set to maximum sensitivity/zero null zone (under Options > Settings > Controls), which is normally recommended for all helis.
- Improved lift: It now has improved power at high altitudes. The service ceiling more accurately reflects real world values, and it's no longer necessary to do a rolling takeoff except at extremely high elevation airports.
- Realistic fuel consumption: The tank now holds the correct amount of fuel, and fuel can be specified in gallons or weight as well as percentage. The fuel mileage has been increased to reflect real world values.
- Better Pilot's View camera: The Pilot's View camera is now more wide-angle: See the sim.cfg for instructions on how to alter it; the original values are still there, commented out. NOTE: The Pilot's View camera is the custom cockpit view (see original manual for more info), not to be confused with the initial eyepoint that's present when you first load a flight (which shouldn't be edited, and can be zoomed in or out with the keyboard).
- New York Airways door bug fixed: The front door window on the NYA model now moves with the door as it's opened; previously it was unattached and would remain hanging in the air. Note that the doors can't be opened on the military models.
- No more dust storm on pavement: The FSX stock "white dust storm" effect that occurs when the aircraft is on pavement has been eliminated; it was bugging me. The more realistic downwash effects while over dirt and water are still present.
- Copy each of the folders over to your FSX installation, overwriting.
- Replace your sim.cfg file with the new one. (Make a backup first, especially if you have custom liveries or other edits that need to be copied over).
Thanks to Arno Gerretsen, developer of the RADItor utility which was used to alter the initial external camera position
The archive h21-c_fsx_upgrade_5-2012.zip has 19 files and directories contained within it.
This list displays the first 500 files in the package. If the package has more, you will need to download it to view them.
|Filename/Directory||File Date||File Size|
|Go to Fly Away Simulation.url||01.22.16||52 B|
Complementing Files & Dependencies
This add-on mentions the following files below in its description. It may be dependent on these files in order to function properly. It's possible that this is a repaint and the dependency below is the base package.
You may also need to download the following files:
Installation of Add-on Aircraft/Scenery
Most of the freeware add-on aircraft and scenery packages in our file library come with easy installation instructions which you can read above in the file description. For further installation help, please see our Knowledge Center for our full range of tutorials or view the README file contained within the download.