The scenery for the three stations includes:
- custom-designed objects for nearly all buildings on the airfields
- full night lighting
- 4 different static aircraft (Tornado F.3, Tornado GR.4, Nimrod MRA.4 and Grob Tutor T1) around the airfields
- Upkeep, Tallboy and Grand Slam bombs on display near the 617 Squadron mess, Lossiemouth
- improved coastline near Kinloss*, Lossiemouth* and Leuchars
- moving traffic* on roads near Leuchars and Lossiemouth
- rotating radar scanners at Leuchars and Lossiemouth
- taxiway signs with detailed holds
- custom scenery near the airfields, including:
- Skerries Lighthouse, Lossiemouth
- radio mast at Burghhead
- three windfarms in Moray
- RAF Milltown (disused airfield near Lossiemouth, now a communications centre)
- papermill, Guardbridge
- Tentsmuir Forest and beach
- The Old Course golf links, St. Andrews - including Royal & Ancient Clubhouse, Old Course Hotel and Swilken Bridge
* not in the FS2004 version
The Scotflight RAF Collection is fully compatible with all previous Scotflight releases.
The Scotflight RAF Collection for FSX is fully compatible with Ultimate Terrain Europe for FSX (UTX).
Situated on the north side of the mouth of the River Eden in Fife, RAF Leuchars is five miles from St. Andrews and ten miles from Dundee.
Leuchars has been an RNAS fleet fighter Station and a Coastal Command airfield, after the Second World War becoming a Fighter Command Station. It is now one of Strike Command's Air Defence bases. The base is home to 13 Tornado F3s of 43 Squadron and 12 Tornado F3s of 111 Squadron. No 56 (Reserve) Squadron is also based at the station, and the East of Scotland Universities' Air Squadron operates the Grob Tutor T1. Leuchars is also home to an RAF Mountain Rescue Unit and the Air Transportable Surgical Unit.
Situated on the south side of the Moray Firth, RAF Lossiemouth is five miles north of Elgin.
Lossiemouth was built during the days of rearmament, opening in May 1939. Originally a flying training school, it was taken over by Bomber Command in April 1940, and was home to an Operational Training Unit (OTU) and a Maintenance Unit (MU). In 1944, missions to destroy the battleship Tirpitz flown by 9 Squadron and 617 Squadron departed from the base. Post-war, the station transferred to Coastal Command and subsequently the Royal Navy for FAA operations, returning to the RAF in 1972. The station is currently home to three operational squadrons (12, 14 and 617) and one reserve squadron (15) all flying Tornado GR.4s. 202 Squadron, flying Sea King HAR 3A helicopters in the search and rescue role, is also based at the station, together with two ground defence units of the RAF Regiment.
Situated on the east side of the Findhorn Basin, RAF Kinloss is five miles south-west of RAF Lossiemouth.
Kinloss is home to all of the RAF's maritime patrol aircraft, currently the Nimrod MR2 aircraft, operated by 42 (Reserve), 120 and 201 Squadrons.