Sim Giants announced in February 2010 that they have a new, stand-alone civilian flight simulator under development.
Sim Giants have a solid and reputable record in the flight simulation market – they are well known for their range of FSX and FS2004 scenery add-ons.
Dvir Cohen Julius, the President of Sim Giants Ltd, provided the following information regarding this upcoming flight simulator:
- The official starting date for development of the simulator was February 1, 2010 – this came after about six months of handling the necessary issues with lawyers, recruiting staff and designs, among others
- The product will be a stand-alone simulator, no relations to MS flight simulator
- The civilian flight simulator will contain SDK for third developers and artists
- The simulator will support civilian airports and aircraft. It will have stunning graphics; and will offer the best performance, multiplayer support and a lot of options
- The simulator bundle will include some limited amount of software for developers to develop their ideas and dreams and compile it using with Sim Giants Simulator.
- The head developer and owner of the product is Dvir Cohen Julius, the President of Sim Giants Ltd.
- Release date targeted is about late 2011
Sim Giants have not made any announcements to update the progress on this flight simulator.
Some of the products released by Sim Giants in the past are as follows:
- Canary Islands GOLD Edition for FS2004
- Milan Malpensa (LIMC)
- Canary Islands GOLD Edition for FSX
- El Hierro Airport (GCHI) FS2004
- Fuerteventura Airport (GCFV) FS2004