The Mid Atlantic Air Museum Simulations Group (MAAM-SIM) is pleased to announce a little gift for the flightsim community. On December 25th, we will release our much anticipated freeware scenery of MAAM and KRDG (Reading Regional Airport) for FS2004. With this release you'll have a place for your copy of our B-25J "Briefing Time" to call home. And soon, you'll be able to add our all-new Gmax version of MAAM's Douglas R4D to your virtual ramp!
This scenery is based on extensive photo documentation by the MAAM-SIM team and covers all major buildings at KRDG and quite a number of small details as well. Scenery features include:
- All Gmax construction for optimized frame rates
- Photorealistic building textures
- Full night lighting
- Frequency controlled door animations (hangar doors open and close on demand) for the MAAM hangar and a nearby T-hangar
- A new AFCAD2 file repositioning taxiways and refining aprons
- New GA and airline traffic file that mimics real-world airport operations
- Modeling of the Reading Pagoda, an important VFR local landmark
This is a classic American mid-sized airfield and we think you'll enjoy it enough that you might just want to make it your new base of operations! If you do not yet own the award-winning B-25J Mitchell 'Briefing Time', you can get your copy at www.maam.org and support the museum's restoration programs at the same time.
Happy Holidays from the MAAM SIM team!
Bill Rambow, Jan Visser, Rob Young, Mike Hambly, Fred Banting and Bill Womack