In January 2010, VATSIM Software, a popular online multi-player flying services provider, announced some news related to several of its software utilities, namely Euroscope 3.1, xSquawkbox, Dolomynum and VAT-Spy.
VATSIM Software’s Gergely Csernak announced the release of Euroscope 3.1. New features have been added to this program, and there is a forum dedicated specifically for the program, providing support to users.
VATSIM Software released Version 1.0.3 beta 1 of XSquawkBox, and the release contains numerous enhancements. This release of XSquawkBox included the following:
- Issues with long flight plans getting cut off have been fixed
- Voice tag menu in flight plan dialog box has been implemented
- Aircraft labels have been added as an option.
- COM2 support for receiving transmissions has been implemented
- Automatic downloading of the VATSIM server list has been added
- The culling code has been improved
- And much more
Dolomynum - Watcher of the Skies
VATSIM Software released Version 1.2.5 of Dolomynum on the 4th January 2010. This release fixes some bugs, updates data files, and to some extent changes the graphics. Dolomynum’s features and improvements are as follows:
- Quicker and more stable in comparison to other similar software
- Ability to show data from both IVAO and VATSIM (or any other FSD network)
- Three-dimensional OpenGL map with accurate geographical and aeronautical information
- Flexibility in the interpretation of callsigns, expandable and modular databases
- And much more
Version 1.0.3669 of Vat-Spy has been released, and it mainly fixes a bug that was affecting the program.